Historian, Dr Stuart Lange, shares some of the Christian background and principles to the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Give thanks to God for the evangelical Christian motivation of the Treaty of Waitangi, and the various Christian principles the Treaty reflected: love and protection for all, equality in the sight of God, and partnership between different peoples.
- Express before God our pain that the Treaty was often disregarded and breached.
- Pray for Aotearoa New Zealand, that there may be ongoing reconciliation, healing, and growing together.
- Pray that of all people, the Christians of this land may be agents and models of love, unity, and reconciliation.
- Pray that the Gospel of Jesus may again take deep roots among many more Māori and many more Pakeha, and among all peoples who have come to be part of this society.