Keith Harrington, the lead pastor of Central Baptist Church Invercargill, gives leadership to Churches Together Invercargill. Recently Keith initiated “16 Weeks of Soaking Prayer for Invercargill” where 16 churches, week by week, are taking responsibility for soaking the city in prayer.
PRAYER POINTS FOR SOUTHLAND:
- The Church: Isaiah 62:1-4
– Renewed hunger for God and his kingdom.
– Letting go of the idols that blind us and a renewal of our first love for the Lord
- Our Youth: Psalm 25: 4-7
– Protection of youth from the plans of the evil one.
– For youth in violent, abusive homes
– For all who work with youth: carers, teachers, aides, social workers, youth workers
- Those who are vulnerable: Luke 4: 18-19
– Are struggling financially, that God would provide
– Are suicidal that God would bring hope – Are in prison, that God would set them free from the causes of crime
– Are sick or cannot access health care and are on waiting lists
– that God would heal, restore and encourage
– For all those who work with and support the vulnerable in Southland.