Wayne & Sally Curham and John & Glenda Begg share prayer needs for the region of Canterbury.
- Praise for Waimate township experiencing an economic upturn, new facilities and businesses which are providing for all as the population increases, and that the ministers relate well and are focused on blessing the community by making Jesus known.
- Pray that God will guide local government, who have lower income from rates, to make good decisions for the community in the midst of pressure from central government to conform to larger city models re facilities, etc.
- Pray that the potential of great partnership between Māori and tangata tiriti will be realised. Co-governance proposals, poorly explained and poorly understood, are leading to adverse, negative community reactions and lack of trust between peoples.
- Give thanks for the unity that is happening in Christchurch as we work together for the gospel and harvest. (God is using the Franklin Graham God Loves You Tour as a catalyst).
- Pray that there will be a great turn out for the Christian Life and Witness Classes running for the next two weeks in different churches.
- Pray that Christians will be better equipped to work in the harvest and many will apply to become prayer counsellors for the November 12th meeting with Franklin Graham.