Stu Crosson shares a powerful quote from Thomas Burns (1844) on the region of Otago and how we can pray for it:
“By the grace of God and with His blessing upon us; may we continue in this region, the planting and cultivating of a well-ordered, God-fearing community. In the power of His risen son, may we stand as a sample of the Kingdom of Christ which, like a light burning in a dark place, shall bear no indistinct testimony to the truth.”
Dunedin Prayer Points:
- Thanks for our godly heritage and Dunedin’s vision to be a ‘Sample of the Kingdom of Christ; no indistinct testimony to the truth’ (1844 Thomas Burns)
- For the awakening of the church: to our sin/unbelief and to the depth of God’s grace & mercy.
- For forgiveness for wandering from the truth of the gospel as revealed in scripture.
- Revival upon University campus.
- Regathering of the believers who have wandered away from the faith.
- Sovereign move of Gods power.
- For United in prayer the Dunedin churches monthly prayer gathering.
Oamaru Prayer Points
- For the farmers to have hope. There are suicides happening, and many having problems with depression.
- Mental Health – people are struggling to get the support they need.
- For the pastors – God-given dreams and vision for the town and how to reach the people.
- Unity among the churches to increase.
- Covid has a bigger/louder voice than the voice of God. His voice needs to be heard and proclaimed.
- The next generation – youth and children. Not much real and vital work being done in this area.
Wanaka Prayer Points:
- The Tourist industry. Wanaka and Queenstown are heavily reliant on tourism.
- Housing. Young families in particular are in need of housing.
- Unity amongst Christians with the pro and anti vaccination contention.
- The need for immigration workers for local industries.