Weekly Prayer Meetings 8-9pm Mondays
to pray for the Spiritual Wellbeing of Aotearoa New Zealand during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond
WE ARE ON! WE ARE ONE!
Learn To Zoom
And participate in our online prayer meetings….
Install the Zoom App
Zoom is a very powerful video conferencing app. In order to join a Zoom meeting you first need to download the app to your computer, mobile phone or other device — preferably one with a camera or webcam. The Zoom app is available for every major operating system.
When you click on the Zoom link it will open your browser and ask if you want to download the Zoom app suitable for your system. It is best that you do this rather than using the web browser option. The app is completely free and will allow to you join any Zoom you are invited to. We ask that you read through our Zoom Protocols below before clicking the green ‘Enter the Prayer Room’ button.
You only need to download the app once. If you wish to join a meeting with a different meeting ID, just click the “Join” icon in the app, put in the new meeting ID number and you will be taken to that meeting.
BREAK OUT ROOMS
During our Zoom prayer time we will be split off into random groups to pray. These are breakout rooms. The host will initiate the break-outs. All you need to do is accept the invitation to the breakout room and wait until you are connected. You’ll see others there in the room with you (eventually). This is your prayer group for the remaining time. Once the time is up, the host will close your group and you will be automatically redirected to the main meeting viewing area.
If this is your first time here, please read through the protocol below before you click on the green button below.
Also remember to enable your audio and video camera when joining the meeting and make sure your display name contains at least your first name.
- Pray along with the main prayers
- Enjoy seeing the many faces of people joining us
- Wait to be ushered into a small group to pray
- Take note of the Break-out Rooms etiquette.
PLEASE DO NOT
- Un-mute yourself in the main view
- Make offensive or unhelpful comments in chat
- Attempt to disrupt the speakers in any other way
After we have been led in prayer at the beginning of each session we will all be randomly split off into break-out room small groups.
- Pray quietly by yourself until others join you in the room.
- Ensure your video camera is turned on (unless your internet feed is not good).
- Un-mute your microphone if there are less than 6 people in your breakout room. Otherwise, only when you want to speak. With larger groups, background noise can become challenging with everyone's mics open.
- Introduce yourself briefly, encouraging others to do the same.
- Pray as the Spirit leads, or according to prayers you know that are pre-prepared.
- Pray in whatever language you wish.
- Keep your prayers brief to allow others time to pray.
- Pray silently while another is praying out loud. But feel free to agree and add your 'amen'.
- Always remain considerate of others in the room.
- Allow the Spirit of grace to prevail, working through us the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) in our love for one another.
- Press the "Help" button (bottom of the Zoom screen) if someone in the room is breaching the protocols. A host will come as soon as possible to assist.
- Leave the room at any time should you feel uncomfortable. You will find yourself back in the main view with the host.
PLEASE DO NOT
- Attempt to 'teach' others in the room your theology or perspective on the virus.
- Try to predict what God is doing - this is not the space for grand prophecies. We are not providing a covering authority and we have no way to "test the spirits" (1 John 4:1).
- Pray about anything other than the topic at hand. The burden God is laying on your heart could well come up later.