Weekly Prayer Meetings 8-9pm Mondays
to pray for the Spiritual Wellbeing of Aotearoa New Zealand during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond
WE ARE ON! WE ARE ONE!
The binding referendum date of 19 September is rapidly approaching, making it vital that as many people as possible know now of the provisions (or lack thereof) in the End of Life Choice Act. The public are being informed of the flaws in the legislation by a small number of dedicated and very hard working individuals, who are in a battle and who are needing our prayer support.
Join us by Zoom and participate in a half hour of corporate prayer
Saturday mornings at 9:30am
A NOTE ABOUT COMMUNION: We will be celebrating communion at the end of the first weekly Monday meeting of the month. This an act of solidarity as followers of Jesus in our nation.
We understand that our diverse Christian traditions will view this differently. Christians have long recognised that there are times when it is appropriate to receive communion without the material elements of bread and wine, and in more recent times some Christian traditions have developed new understandings of communion.
We encourage you to participate in line with your own Christian tradition. This could mean observing and receiving communion by faith, or it could mean that you hold communion in your own home. Our aim is to come united before God to remember the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ our eternal hope, and to receive the grace our Prince of Peace offers us.
If this is your first time here, please read through the protocol below before you click on the green button below.
Also remember to enable your audio and video camera when joining the meeting and make sure your display name contains at least your first name.
- Pray along with the main prayers
- Enjoy seeing the many faces of people joining us
- Wait to be ushered into a small group to pray
- Take note of the Break-out Rooms etiquette.
PLEASE DO NOT
- Un-mute yourself in the main view
- Make offensive or unhelpful comments in chat
- Attempt to disrupt the speakers in any other way
After we have been led in prayer at the beginning of each session we will all be randomly split off into break-out room small groups.
- Pray quietly by yourself until others join you in the room.
- Ensure your video camera is turned on (unless your internet feed is not good).
- Un-mute your microphone if there are less than 6 people in your breakout room. Otherwise, only when you want to speak. With larger groups, background noise can become challenging with everyone's mics open.
- Introduce yourself briefly, encouraging others to do the same.
- Pray as the Spirit leads, or according to prayers you know that are pre-prepared.
- Pray in whatever language you wish.
- Keep your prayers brief to allow others time to pray.
- Pray silently while another is praying out loud. But feel free to agree and add your 'amen'.
- Always remain considerate of others in the room.
- Allow the Spirit of grace to prevail, working through us the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) in our love for one another.
- Press the "Help" button (bottom of the Zoom screen) if someone in the room is breaching the protocols. A host will come as soon as possible to assist.
- Leave the room at any time should you feel uncomfortable. You will find yourself back in the main view with the host.
PLEASE DO NOT
- Attempt to 'teach' others in the room your theology or perspective on the virus.
- Try to predict what God is doing - this is not the space for grand prophecies. We are not providing a covering authority and we have no way to "test the spirits" (1 John 4:1).
- Pray about anything other than the topic at hand. The burden God is laying on your heart could well come up later.